Sunday 8 September 2013

[DRAMA] The King and I

  Profile

  • Drama: King and I
  • Revised romanization: Wangkwa Na
  • Hangul: 왕과 나
  • Director: Jae-gyeong Kim
  • Writer:
  • Network: SBS
  • Episodes: 63
  • Release Date: August 27, 2007 - April 1, 2008
  • Runtime: Mon & Tues 21:55
  • Language: Korean
  • Country: South Korea

Plot

In the Joseon Dynasty period, the kingdom was enveloped in a political maelstrom. Cheo-seon was born as a posthumous child and separated from his mother immediately. He was raised by Weol-hwa and the old Swe-gwi, who ran the eunuch school. When he meets So-hwa, the daughter of a powerful noble, he falls in love with her immediately. He voluntarily becomes a eunuch to be close to So-hwa and is assigned to work for Cho Chi-gyeom, a senior eunuch. Entering the royal palace, he sees King, Sung-Jong and So-hwa spend their first night together. He becomes So-hwa’s loyal protector. As the political battles rage on among the courtesans and wives in the palace, So-hwa is chosen by the king to be his queen and Cheo-seon vows to be her loyal servant. But So-hwa is eventually dethroned as the queen and leaves the palace in disgrace. Cheo-seon helplessly watches these events unfold and he secretly helps So-hwa. But in a cruel twist of fate, he is the one chosen to execute So-hwa’s death sentence by serving her a bowlful of poison. After So-hwa dies, he looks after her son King, Yeonsangun as if he were his own son....

Cast

King and I-Oh Man-Seok.jpg King and I-Ku Hye-Seon.jpg King and I-Ko Joo-Won.jpg King and I-Jeon Kwang-Leol.jpg King and I-Yang Mi-Kyeong.jpg
Oh Man-Seok Ku Hye-Seon Ko Joo-Won Jeon Kwang-Leol Yang Mi-Kyeong
Kim Cheo-Sun Yoon So-Hwa King Sung-Jong Jo chi-Kyum Queen Jung-Hee
King and I-Jeon In-Hwa.jpg King and I-Yang Jeong-A.jpg King and I-Lee Il-Jae.jpg King and I-Sun Woo Jae Duk.jpg King and I-Choi Jung-Won (1971).jpg
Jeon In-Hwa Yang Jeong-A Lee Il-Jae Sun Woo Jae Duk Choi Jung-Won
King Sung-Jong's mother Choe-Sun's mother Kim Ja-Myung Yoon Ki-Kyun So-Hwa's mother
King and I-Lee Jin.jpg King and I-Kim Sa-Rang.jpg King and I-Han Da-Min.jpg King and I-Han So-Jung (1980).jpg King and I-Yoon Hye-Kyung.jpg
Lee Jin Kim Sa-Rang Han Da-Min Han So-Jung Yoon Hye-Kyung
queen Jung-Hyun Uh Woo-Dong queen Kong-Hye king's concubine Uhm king's concubine Jung
King and I-Shin Goo.jpg King and I-Jeon Hye-Bin.jpg King and I-Kim Soo-Mi.jpg King and I-Yun Yu-Seon.jpg King and I-Ahn Kil-Kang.jpg
Shin Goo Jeon Hye-Bin Kim Soo-Mi Yun Yu-Seon Ahn Kil-Kang
Eunuch No Sul-Young old woman So-Gwi Wol-Hwa Kae Do-Chi
King and I-Kang Nam-Kil.jpg King and I-Kim Jung-Min (1989).jpg King and I-Ahn Jae-Mo.jpg King and I-Lee Gun-Joo.jpg King and I-Kim Da-Hyun.jpg
Kang Nam-Kil Kim Jung-Min Ahn Jae-Mo Lee Gun-Joo Kim Da-Hyun
Eunuch trainer Choi Beo Deul Yi Jung Han-Soo Song Kae-Nam Choi Ja-Chi
King and I-Kang In-Hyeong.jpg King and I-Kim Ha-Kyun.jpg King and I-Kim Myeong-Su.jpg King and I-Han Jeong-Su.jpg King and I-Kim So-Hyun (1977).jpg
Kang In-Hyeong Kim Ha-Kyun Kim Myeong-Su Han Jung-Soo Kim So-Hyun
Moon So-Woon Jang Soon-Moo Yang Sung-Yoon Do Geum-Pyo Jo chi-Kyum's wife
King and I-Kim Byeong-Se.jpg King and I-Yoo Dong-Hyuk (1984).jpg King and I-Jeong Tae-Woo.jpg King and I-Kim Jong-Kyeol.jpg
Kim Byeong-Se Yoo Dong-Hyuk Jeong Tae-Woo Kim Jong-Kyeol
King Se-Jo King Ye-Jong King Yeon-San Han Myung-Hwe
King and I-Joo Min-Soo (1994).jpg King and I-Park Bo-Young.jpg King and I-Yoo Seung-Ho.jpg King and I-Kim Hie-Jeong (1992).jpg King and I-Jo Jung-Eun (1996).jpg
Joo Min-Soo Park Bo-Young Yoo Seung-Ho Kim Hee-Jung Jo Jung-Eun
Kim Cheo-Sun Yoon So-Hwa King Sung-Jong Queen Kong-Hye Beo Deul Yi
(young) (young) (young) (young) (young)
King and I-Baek Seung-Do (1995).jpg King and I-Maeng Chang-Min.jpg King and I-Yoo Tae-Woong (1994).jpg King and I-Jeon Ha-Eun.jpg
Baek Seung-Do Maeng Chang-Min Yoo Tae-Woong Jeon Ha-Eun
Jung Han-Soo Song Kae-Nam Choi Ja-Chi Moon So-Woon
(young) (young) (young) (young)
Additional Cast Members:
Credits: http://asianwiki.com/King_and_I

My own thought about this drama: I came across this drama on arirang TV http://www.arirang.co.kr/Player/TV_Live.asp?code=TVonAir (English TV channel of korea defentily worth to watch) and only saw 2 episodes of the drama yet. You are used that 1 episode is 1 hour or longer but in this serie they only are around 30 minutes. But have much more episodes then the most drama's. I was caughted at a point when they cut the testikels of the boy (you don't see anything of only blood that comes on other people so don't worry :P) So try to check it out and if you already have seen the drama tell me about it what you thought!

If you want to watch it online you can do that here: http://www.alodrama.com/watch-king-and-i-episode-1a/12672.html and i hope you will enjoy the drama just like i hope i will enjoy it to!

No comments:

Post a Comment